Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bring on the Food!

So if your wondering what this is I'll tell ya!

I wanted to do a recipe blog now for a while but always thought why... when I don't even keep up w/my personal one but I was talking to Randi (my sister-in-law/best friend :) xoxo) and we well she came up w/a great idea! To do one together w/multiple other friends or whoever would want to contribute so then if we don't post all the time we wouldn't feel guilty b/c hopefully other people will be posting as well so it should be updated often!!

So there you have it, the reason behind this fun new blog! I personally have been LOVING this cooking thing and making new recipes every night! I can't believe I've actually kept it up too. Usually I go through spurts w/cooking but I think I found my niche! I've cooked a homemade meal every night for a month now (except maybe once and while we were on vacation of course) and I'm loving every minute of it!

I always got stressed out over it b/c I wouldn't pre-plan my meals so at 3 or 4 I'm trying to figure out what to do for dinner and trust me that NEVER works and if it does it won't for long! So I finally figured out that if you plan each morning or what I have done lately is plan per week you'll get it made and love doing it! So each Monday I plan my menu for the week that way I know what I need to go get at the store for that week! Sometimes I don't have the time and I just do it each morning but have dinner planned for that night by 10 or 11am and it's perfect b/c it gives me plenty of time to thaw out meat or even put it in a crockpot or marinade, it's so wonderful and I hope I can help anyone out there that struggles w/dinner's like I have always done my whole life and now have found a way to LOVE it! I even attempt desserts too and I've decided I'm definitely better at cooking than baking but I still do it b/c of course I love to eat especially dessert and it's fun to me too even if it doesn't always turn out the best! So enjoy this blog and I hope we get a lot of people that want to contribute to this and post their favorite successfull recipe's too! If your interested (and I or Randi know you) ;) than contact us and we'll make you an author so you can post your favorite recipes too!

Also please bare w/us on this too b/c I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to do a blog w/other authors so if anyone knows how really well let us know, I think I have it but not sure yet!

No comments: