Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fried Zucchini

I have been branching out and trying different kinds of fruits and vegatebles lately (thanks to Jaimee's example!). I adapted this recipe from one I found at http://www.cooks.com/.

FRIED ZUCCHINI

3-4 Zucchini
3 Cups Flavored Bread Crumbs
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed (I didn't have fresh garlic, so I used 1/2 tsp. minced garlic)
1/4 Cup Grated Romano or Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper
Vegetable Oil - for frying (I used Olive Oil, it's healthier)
2 Eggs
1/8 Cup Milk

Wash (do not peel) zucchini. Slice in circles. Beat eggs and milk together in bowl. In a separate bowl mix bread crumbs, crushed garlic, cheese, salt, and pepper. Dip zucchini in egg mixture and then in bread crumb mixture coating both sides well. Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry zucchini until golden brown. Lay on paper towels to absorb oil. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Looks DELICIOUS!!! :) I am going to try it as soon as I buy more breadcrumbs. Last night I was putting things in my pantry, and I noticed I had put an empty container of breadcrumbs back on the shelf. Oh well! :) Thanks for the recipe!